Facts & Figures
- Ondernemend Venlo (‘Enterprising Venlo’) represents 18 industrial parks and four business associations in the Venlo region.
- Represents the interests of 1,000 entrepreneurs.
- In total, these 1,000 entrepreneurs account for almost 30,000 jobs.
- 1,300 hectares of industrial terrain.
Municipality of venlo
- The Municipality of Venlo has the most industrial centres and industrial terrain in Limburg.
- A European study revealed that Venlo is among the top 5 most business-friendly micro-cities.
- Leader in the fields of tourism, agriculture & food, logistics, trade and knowledge industries.
- Second-biggest horticultural area in the Netherlands.
- Presence of education: Fontys Hogescholen Venlo, ROC Gilde Opleidingen, the HAS Limburg and Maastricht University.
- 1 billion Euro turnover in food horticulture and floriculture. (including supply, processing, transport & logistics).
- 30 million German consumers within two-hour driving distance.
- Third-biggest logistics hub in the Netherlands, after Rotterdam port and Schiphol.
- Venlo is the most attractive location in Europe for setting up logistics operations, according tothe report entitled 'Europe's Most Desirable Logistics Locations 2013'.
- Direct connection to the A73 and A67 motorways.
- ECT rail and barge terminals.
- Good railway connections.
- Inland port with container facilities.
- The airports of Eindhoven, Maastricht-Aachen, Mönchengladbach, Niederrhein-Weeze and Düsseldorf are all within one hour's drive.